Bloxx Announces Significant Upgrade to Web Filter Product
23 April 2012
New Web Filtering Platform Delivers High-performance, Scalability and Accelerated Web Reporting
Bloxx, the innovator in Web and Email security, today announced the availability of a significant new version of its Web Filter. This is based on a new core Web filtering platform that has been engineered and optimised to provide a high performance and scalability to meet the rapidly growing complexity of filtering Web content. In addition to delivering an extensive list of new features and a threefold performance increase, the Web reporting engine has also undergone significant redevelopment to deliver a five times performance improvement in report generation compared to previous versions of the product.
“With the growing complexity and dynamic nature of Web content, many of the current generation of Web filters are beginning to struggle with the demands being placed on them,” said Graham Twaddle, CTO at Bloxx. “This latest version of our Web filter, which we believe is a generation ahead, provides a platform which will cope with current and future Web filtering demands and will provide customers with a best in class product.”
- New core Web filtering platform that delivers a 3X performance improvement compared to previous versions.
- New Web reporting engine that provides a 5X performance improvement in creating Web reports.
- Improved scalability for larger deployments — new clustering capability which is scalable up to dozens of nodes.
- Continue on block and Quotas that provides more flexibility for access policies.
- YouTube Safe search and YouTube for schools integration support.
- Radius Server authentication.
- SSL Proxy for intercepting and filtering SSL traffic to provide enhanced filtering and protection against HTTPS content and malware,
Availability and Pricing
The new version of the Bloxx Web Filter will be available in the UK in early May and is expected to available in other markets in July. The Bloxx Web filtering appliance is available in a range of different configurations, from the 100W which supports up to 100 network devices, to the Impresa-7W which supports up to 10,000 network devices. The price for a 100W for three years, including the appliance, software, next day hardware replacement, installation and unlimited technical support is £4,999.
Headquartered in the UK with sales offices in Holland, the USA and Australia, Bloxx offers appliance-based Web and email filtering for medium and large organisations in both the business and public sectors. Bloxx has achieved unrivalled sales growth year-on-year to become a leading Web-filtering provider with an estimated 4 million+ users worldwide. Leading UK investment groups Archangel Investments Ltd and Braveheart Investment Group Plc have invested in Bloxx. For more information, visit www.bloxx.com.
Interviews, photography and further information are available from Jim Black.
Tel: +44(0)1506 426 976