Content filtering for education
The value of Internet in education is considerable. More and more, classes rely on information and courses delivered via the web. While the Internet is a fantastic educational resource, the dangers to young people are very real:
- Inadvertent exposure to inappropriate images or content
- Solicitation by sexual predators in chat rooms and by email
- Online bullying or harassment
- Piracy and illegal downloads of software, music or video
- Spyware, viruses and phishing (including malware which stores personal information such as usernames and passwords)
Each of these issues presents a real risk for students and can have legal ramifications of the educational institution.
Additionally, staff and students can lose valuable time surfing non-work related sites, bandwidth is diverted from educational resources for streaming of media for personal use, and your organizational network is opened up to increased security threats from malware.
Anonymous proxies – which let students bypass filters – further contribute to the problem, and are not managed effectively by traditional Web filtering products, leaving your organization open to risk.
And if this wasn’t daunting enough, educational institutions are now also faced with the challenges presented by increased use of mobile devices and by Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
Bloxx has helped thousands of educational organizations around the world to control inappropriate Web browsing, better manage bandwidth, eradicate anonymous proxies and manage mobile devices used on- and off-network. We’ve worked with:
- State schools
- Independent schools
- Further education colleges
- Universities and higher education establishments
- Local education authorities
- Specialist research organisations
We have a range of content filtering solutions which can help keep your students and staff safe and productive while online, and which can help your organization stay compliant and manage risk.
Contact us to find out more.